IBS Intelligence has been reviewing the conventional and new-age banking systems selections on a year-by-year basis for the last 20 years. The iconic IBSI Sales League Table (SLT) has been a barometer for measuring supplier performance across hundreds of system selection engagements that are carried out across the globe.
To ensure that reporting is consistent and comparable across systems and geographies, the SLT excludes license renewals as well as extensions to the current license (new geography, new functionality, etc.) and is restricted to the pre-defined categories – i.e., the core and back-office systems that are addressed across Universal, Wholesale (Transaction and Treasury & Capital Market), Retail, Private and Lending (Retail and Corporate) system categories, and systems falling in the Digital Banking Channels, Payments (Retail and Wholesale), Risk Management, Compliance Management, Investment & Fund Management, InsurTech, Conversational Banking, Datawarehouse & Business Intelligence, and CRM categories.
Despite the 2nd wave of COVID-19 in most of the countries, SLT 2021 witnessed consistent participation by vendors as 60 vendors submitted their nominations. Of the 2,073 deals evaluated, the qualified deals of SLT 2021 included 1,046 global deals (SLT 2020: 800+) and over 500 domestic deals (SLT 2020: 900+) across all SLT categories.
- BankWide – Compliance Management, CRM, Risk Management, Universal Banking – Core
- Retail Banking – Digital Banking & Channels, Lending – Retail, Payments – Retail, Retail Banking – Core
- Wholesale Banking – Lending – Corporate, Payments – Wholesale, Transaction Banking, Treasury & Capital Market
- Wealth Management – Investment & Fund Management, Private Banking & Wealth Management
- New SLT Areas – Conversational Banking, Datawarehouse & Business Intelligence, InsurTech